Down the Line Surf Co. Update – Coronavirus Statement
It’s a pretty strange and scary time right now, so we just wanted to give an update on all things happening here, and to offer any help where we can to our community.
We as a shop are currently open as usual. Our couriers are still running as standard, so orders taken will be processed and sent out in the same efficient way, (with extra cleanliness measures in place), and, as always, we are here to offer any surfboard/wetsuit advice over the phone.
We are fully aware that all of us have a social responsibility to protect the most vulnerable in our society from the spread of Coronavirus, so we are putting in place the following procedures.
- We are constantly cleaning and sanitising all areas in the shop, including changing rooms, tills, handles, clothing racks, and the PDQ machine.
- We are recommending contactless payment where possible.
- We have hand sanitiser on all desks in the shop for our customers. We ask you use this before trying on any items of clothing, and of course, you are welcome to use it even if you are not purchasing or trying anything on.
- If you are feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Coronavirus, we ask you do not visit our shop. We welcome calls on our shop phone (01736) 757025 and offer next day delivery to UK on all items.
- We are regularly washing our hands and using sanitiser frequently. We are also keeping the recommended 2 metres distance from our customers.
- We are closely monitoring the situation and will follow any advice and guidelines issued by the Government. We will tell you of any changes of our shop procedures through our social
media and newsletters.
We are a local, independent shop, and want to help in our community when and where we can. With this in mind, we are offering our help to anyone elderly or vulnerable you know in the area that may not be able to get to the shops.
If you can’t get to help them, give us a call on (01736) 757025 between 10am – 5:30pm, and we will do what we can. If it’s collecting and delivering groceries, dropping off medicines, or you’re just concerned for their welfare, we want to help where we can.
We are aware that many people are in isolation, so we can always leave items outside the door, or just say hi to them through the window so they know they’re not alone. We are proud to be a part of our town here in Hayle, and the wellbeing of our community is of the utmost importance to us. As it stands, we are still free to surf in the UK, unlike our friends in France, Portugal and Spain. For how long this remains is unknown, so get out there and get your fix while you can!
Take care and we look forward to seeing you in the shop or in the water,
Stay safe and best wishes,
The DTL TeamShare on Facebook